Quintessence® Keratin Hydrating Gel is light, oil-free and easily absorbed formula containing a patented natural bioactive keratin, which has scientifically demonstrated capabilities of both improving the appearance of skin aging and also protecting the skin against future damage. The majority of other keratin products offered in today’s skincare market are no longer bioactive or particularly functional. Instead, they have been “denaturalized” through a large scale industrial rendering process, which applies both high temperature and acid to undesirable animal origin by-products and renders these keratins inactive to the human body. By comparison, the main ingredient in Keratin Hydrating Gel involves a patented process, using the gentle method of keratin solublization performed on a natural high quality raw material, from a renewable natural source.
Quintessence® Keratin Hydrating Gel is appropriate for all skin types, including acne/oily skin and sensitive skin types.
- Reduces Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Promotes Hydration, Firmness and Elasticity in Skin
- Reduces Redness Associated with Inflammation or Sensitive Skin
- Improves the Brightness and Radiance of the Skin
Reduces Fine Lines and Wrinkles.
Scientific data indicates that the Functionalized Keratin in the Quintessence® Keratin Hydrating Gel promotes the proliferation of skin cells. It Contains zinc protein complexes in low concentrations that are useful for both repair and maintenance of the skin. It also contains copper protein complexes in low concentrations that play a fundamental role in skin health, by helping restore the skin's ability to repair itself. Both zinc (Zn) and copper (Cu), once bound to a protein, have been shown to be very effective in regenerating new tissue and increasing the synthesis of structural proteins such as collagen.
Hydration of Skin
Capacitance measurements were taken from the three zones of nine volunteers with dry skin. The results were averaged for all the volunteers and the percentage change from the basal value calculated for each zone. The percentage change of the base cream and functional keratin values were normalized with respect to the control values.
· Sustained improvement in moisture retention of 14% over 18 days.
· Sustained improvement in elasticity of 42% over 18 days.
· Rapid improvement in moisture retention of 27% and 22% over 2.5 and 24 hours respectively.
Reduces Redness Associated With Inflammation or Sensitive Skin
The Functionalized Keratin in the Quintessence® Keratin Hydrating Gel blocks PGE2 production, the major biochemical pathway leading to inflammation and redness in the skin. If left unchecked, over time, this inflammation will lead to a further breakdown of important structural protein in skin
Improves the Brightness and Radiance of the Skin
The Functionalized Keratin in the Quintessence® Keratin Hydrating Gel promotes the body’s own natural antioxidant activity. It contains highly potent antioxidants. Unlike most antioxidants that require one molecule of antioxidant to be sacrificed for every free radical, contain highly potent antioxidants. Unlike most antioxidants that require one molecule of antioxidant to be sacrificed for every free radical, it is a new concept of enzymatic antioxidant and one molecule of these powerful enzymatic antioxidants can quench millions of free radicals. Oxidative stress from UV exposure and other environmental pollutants can cause the production of melanogenesis (the production of brown color pigments associated with tanned skin). Use of topical antioxidants can slow or even reverse this process creating a brightening effect for skin.
Ingredients/Ingredientes (INCI): Aqua (Water), Keratin and Hydrolysed Keratin, Hyaluronic Acid, Soluble Collagen, Allantoin, Glycerin, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycol.
Directions for use: After cleansing and toning with Quintessence® Purifying Cleanser and Quintessence® Green Tea Toner, apply a small amount of Quintessence® Hydrating Gel to the entire face or affected area of the body. Allow it to fully absorb into the skin before applying other Quintessence® Skin Science Skin Care products
Caution: Keep out of the reach of children.
Store at controlled room temperature (15º-30ºC / 59º-86º F)
1. Stewart M.S., Cameron G.S., Pence B.C. Antioxidant Nutrrients Portect Against UVB Induced Oxidative Damage to DNA of Mouse Keratinocytes In Culture. J Invest. Dermatol. 106: 1086-1089, 1996
2. Baumann, Leslie: Cosmetic Dermatology Principles & Practice, McGraw-Hill 2002; 99-102
3. Nakagama M, Kawai K, Kawai K: Contact Allergy to Kojic Acid in Skin Care Products. Contact Dermatitis 32:9, 1995
4. Graf J, Herbal anti-inflammatory agents for skin disease. Skin Therapy Lett. 2000;5(4):3-5.
5. Kameyama K, Sakai C, Kondoh S, et al: Inhibitory effect of magnesium L-ascorbyl -2-phosphate (WV-PMG) on melanogenisis in vitro and in vivo. J Am Acad Dermatol 34:29 1996
6. Kasrae B: Peroxidase-Mediated Mechanisms and Depigmenting Agents; Dermatology 2002;205:329–339